Where do we start when seeking to obtain knowledge of God? Where can we go to seek Truth about God? There are many different ways to obtain knowledge of God that will result in a wonderful two-way relationship with our Lord. Once we have embraced the desire for the knowledge of God, it’s time to get to work! As I said in my last post, we can obtain knowledge of God by reading the bible, attending services, reading Church documents, and speaking with our family, friends and neighbors. These are some of the more important ways to obtain knowledge of God that we will focus on today. To further your quest to obtain knowledge of God, may I suggest that you consider taking any or all of the following steps:
- Read the Bible using some accompanying scriptural reference material to get a clear understanding of each scriptural passage in its full context. I recommend the New Jerome Biblical Commentary, sold at major bookstores.
- Attend church services on a routine basis so that you get interpretation of Divine Revelation from a trusted source, such as a pastor or minister.
- Read about the faith. Here’s a short list of some of the best sources of information that you can read for free:
- Ask questions of your clergy.
- Listen with an open mind to opposing opinions from clergy, family, friends and neighbors and apply critical thinking to all that you read and hear.
- Seek the Holy Spirit’s counsel, using the gift of knowledge bestowed upon you, to ascertain Truth.
With knowledge, comes understanding. We’ll begin covering the gift and virtue of understanding in our next reflection. Don’t miss it!