The annual Novena to the Holy Spirit begins this coming Friday, May 26th and continues through to the day before Pentecost, June 3rd. In this Novena, we ask the Holy Spirit to grace us with seven gifts. Each one of theses gifts happen to be virtues as well:
- Awe (also known as Reverence) – We ask for a sovereign respect for God, as well as a filial submission to the Father.
- Piety – We ask for love and respect for those consecrated to God; including priests and religious, the Blessed Mother, the Saints, the Church, our parents, and our country and its rulers.
- Fortitude – We ask for the strengthening of our souls against natural fear. We also ask for support in performance of our duties; to endure without complaint.
- Knowledge – We seek a means to evaluate the true worth of created things in relation to God.
- Understanding – We implore the Holy Spirit to help us grasp the meaning of the truths of our faith, so that we can better appreciate them and enliven our faith.
- Counsel – We request the Holy Spirit’s counsel to judge promptly and rightly, using prudence.
- Wisdom – We pray that the Holy Spirit will strengthen our faith, fortify our hope and perfect our charity, through the enlightening of our minds.
Why Participate in the Novena to the Holy Spirit?
Whenever anyone asks the Holy Spirit for increased virtue, you can be 100% guaranteed that you will receive it, because the Holy Spirit is gracious with these gifts. It gives Him great pleasure to grace you with them, because you need them for your spiritual journey. Will you join me in this Novena, and grow, with me, in virtue? If the answer is yes, then access your copy of the Novena to the Holy Spirit, here.
If you would like to purchase a copy of Adventures of Faith, Hope and Charity: Finding Patience, then click here.