You know that person – the one who is “tough as nails.” That person never gives up. He or she seems to have an ability to endure anything, whether it be a serious illness, a divorce, a job loss, a financial crisis, a death in the family – anything. Therefore, through all the trials and tribulations, this person continues to persevere. How so? Well, in addition to Perseverance, he or she starts off with a few other virtues under his/her belt.
- Fortitude enables a person to be strong; to endure without fear; to act with courage in addressing the problem.
- Patience allows the person to wait long periods of time for the desired result.
- Faith gives the person the strength and peace to believe and trust that God has everything under control.
- Confidence in God’s omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence, along with confidence in Jesus’ promise of salvation should place everything else into perspective.
With these virtues in hand, perseverance comes much more easily.
Hang in There with Perseverance
In times of trial, try these things to help you through difficult situations:
- Hold fast to your faith. Know that God is in charge and He only wants what is best for you. Believe in His power to make positive change in your life.
- Be persistent in prayer. Ask the Holy Spirit for the virtues needed to get you through the challenges and struggles in front of you.
- Seek assistance from God and others to help you resolve your problem. Trust in God’s plan for you. And, don’t give up!
- Be patient with yourself and with others!
- Hang in there with Perseverance!
If you would like to purchase an autographed copy of my book, Adventures of Faith, Hope and Charity: Finding Patience, then click here.