Faith: a very personal word stemming from a very personal relationship with God, resulting in an inability to clearly articulate just what it means to you. Sound familiar? Are you like so many people who steer clear from talking about religion, let alone your own personal faith, for fear of rejection, confrontation, or appearing ignorant? Fear no longer! Your faith sharing story is your story. No one else can write it and no one else can articulate it better than you. Easier said than done? I understand. That’s why I am excited to share with you a new DVD by my friend, Nancy Ward, titled, Sharing YOUR Faith Story DVD.
In this three part DVD, Nancy tells of her own conversion story (part 1), her renewal, or revitalization, of her faith (part 2), and tips on how you can best articulate your faith story at the next gathering you attend, without fearing rejection, confrontation, or appearing ignorant.
I found Nancy’s story of conversion from Protestantism to Catholicism very interesting. I found her renewal story, once through the Cursillo Movement, and again through the Life in the Spirit Charismatic Movement to be encouraging. I say encouraging because living the Catholic faith to the full requires a series of conversions, or renewals over a lifetime. Nancy’s sharing of her journey gives me encouragement that I, too, can get through the arid deserts of life and find renewal through the Holy Spirit. Nancy’s tips are the best for developing a sense of ease in sharing your own faith story.
If you would like to learn more about sharing your faith story, without fear, Nancy is offering a 20% discount (discount code JA20 through to October 31, 2015) on her website at JOYAlive.net/shop. She also sells the DVD on Amazon and CreateSpace.
But Wait…Have Faith…There’s a Giveaway!
Nancy is offering a giveaway as part of her Blog Tour, which runs through to Friday, October 23, 2015. Prizes will be awarded on Monday, October 26, 2015.
Prizes: At the end of each week (two week period) the name of each participant will be put in a hat, once for each incidence listed in 1-8 and twice for options 9 and 10. A DVD will be awarded on Oct 18th, and again for those participating during the following week ending Oct 25th. Winners will be announced on Nancy’s Facebook page at Nancy HC Ward and on her website at JOYAlive.net. All entries from October 12-24 are put in another drawing for the $25.00 Amazon.com gift card awarded Oct 25th.
Rules for Entry: With numerous ways to enter, you get more than one chance to win this DVD or Amazon Gift Card. Here’s how to enter:
- Comment on this blog post in the comments section below.
- Comment on JOYAlive.net/shop
- Follow JOYAlive.net and/or Virginia Lieto’s blog
- Follow Virginia Lieto on Twitter @virginialieto https://twitter.com/virginialieto, and/or Nancy on Twitter: @NancyHCWard https://twitter.com/NancyHCWard
- Tweet and re-tweet using the hashtag #SharingYOURFaithStory from 10/12 through 10-24
- Comment on Virginia Lieto’s Facebook post about Sharing Your Faith Story at http://on.fb.me/1G4Oewz
- Comment on Nancy HC Ward new author FB page
- Comment on YouTube Encouragement Excerpt
- Provide a review (1-2 paragraphs) on YouTube Encouragement Excerpt
- Provide a review (1-2 paragraph) on FaceBook at Nancy HC Ward
Comments need to include ideas for using Sharing YOUR Faith Story DVD, such as:
- Sharing YOUR Faith Story seminar is ideal for Catholic groups such as …
- I will use Sharing YOUR Faith Story DVD to …
- Sharing YOUR Faith Story is effective for evangelization because…
- What I like about Sharing YOUR Faith Story DVD is …
Reviews should be 1-2 paragraphs encouraging ministry leaders to bring Nancy Ward to a Catholic Group to give the seminar live.
Nancy Ward will be accounting for all entries processed and will announce the winners on her website, JoyAlive.net on Monday, Oct. 26, 2015.
Good luck everyone!
Nancy Ward Bio:
Nancy Ward is a convert, journalist, blogger, published author and speaker. On JoyAlive.net she shares her Joy in the Lord, her conversion, Catholicism and Christian community in Texas. You can find Nancy on Google+, Facebook, Linked-In and Twitter.