Do you have zeal for Christ? Let’s find out!
- Do you express a sense of enthusiasm, coupled with intense interest and passion for God and your faith?
- Do you place God and your faith above all else?
- Is it within your nature to do big things in the name of Christ?
- When you see a need, do you do all that you can to fill that need for others?
Do You Have Zeal for Christ?
If you can answer “yes” to the questions above, then you are zealous for Christ. If not, then there is some work to do, if you want to master the virtue of Zeal.
- To gain more enthusiasm and passion for God and your faith, spend time learning about your faith. A good place to start is with your parish’s Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) sessions. It is here that your fellow parishioners teach the faith to those wishing to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church. Fellow parishioners are always welcomed to join in and participate. And while there, you will learn more than a thing or two about your faith.
- If you want to place God and your faith first, then a good place to start is by asking yourself, “What would Jesus do?” when making decisions, and then always chose the path that Jesus would take. For example, if Jesus faced telling a lie to protect the boss or telling the truth and losing His job, what do you think Jesus would do? He would tell the truth. Know that even if the job is lost, Jesus has your back. Therefore, always place God and your faith above all else and know that everything will work itself out.
- To do big things for Christ, you need to step outside of your comfort zone. Give more of your time to a ministry at your church. Make a difference in the lives of others.
- When you see a need, ask what you can do to help. Look for solutions and follow through.
Step up and develop a zeal for Christ!
If you would like to purchase an autographed copy of my book, Adventures of Faith, Hope and Charity: Finding Patience, then click here.