We officially entered the winter season last Wednesday, and are now in that time of year when life slows down dramatically, in comparison to the hustle and bustle of the holidays. We welcome the opportunity to come in out of the cold and seek the warmth of a roaring fire. Unlike many people, I love this time of year! I appreciate a good snowfall, especially when I get to stay inside, all cozy and warm. As an avid reader, I love sitting by the fire, curled up with my favorite afghan and a good book. I appreciate the solitude that winter blessings bring!
Even in winter, when all life seems dormant, God is at work, renewing us. The lull of winter is a gracious gift from God, filled with winter blessings. In the Spring, the fruits of His work, bud forth. I personally like to use this time of year to express my creativity, become innovative; seek new beginnings, and develop new initiatives.
Fruit of Winter Blessings
In the quiet solitude of winter, I like to make more time for prayer. Consider joining me in spending more time with God. In this time of prayer, here are some things to consider:
- Allow Him to renew you, to prune you, and ready you for the next phase of your life.
- Seek His guidance via the Counsel of the Holy Spirit.
- Relish in His Wisdom and make prudent decisions.
- Soak up the knowledge He sends your way.
- Discern His will for your life.
- Ask for increased understanding of God’s will for you; then act with courage to do it.
If you do all these things this winter, come Spring, you will see a garden of virtue budding forth in your life; for God will have made you His instrument to “renew the face of the earth” (Psalm 104:30).