My Hand in Yours, Our Hands in His, by Kimberly Cook, is a wonderful marriage workbook for exploring virtue with your spouse. Cook designed this seven-part series to show how to employ virtue in your marriage, and in the process, live a happier life. She starts with the Cardinal virtues of Prudence, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance. Then she moves on to the Theological virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity. Cook gives you, and your spouse, ample opportunity to address one virtue at a time, before proceeding onward to mastering the next virtue. She sets the stage by providing you with an opening prayer to recite, at the beginning of each session.
What This Marriage Workbook Offers
Within each chapter, she offers a definition of the virtue under study, and how it might best be applied within your marriage. Then Cook gives you a series of exercises to partake in that:
- Provide Scriptural reference for embracing the virtue
- Evaluate the strength of the virtue within your marriage
- Identify areas in need of improvement, with the development of action plans for practicing the virtue
Within each chapter, Cook offers you a series of thought-provoking questions, used for discussion. These questions will definitely set you, and your spouse, on the right course toward mastering the virtue under study. She also offers a closing prayer to end each session.
Kimberly Cook’s design is easy to follow. The goal is two-fold:
- To identify and cherish those virtues in which you and your spouse excel, and
- To find those areas in need of improvement. Once those needs for improvement come to the surface, you and your spouse are encouraged to act to correct them. By doing so, you will reap the benefits of a happier marriage.
The secret to a happier marriage is that the work begins within each of you, and through your mutual support, for each other, your marriage grows stronger. Cook brings this out in spades within her marriage workbook!
Get Your Copy of My Hand in Yours, Our Hands in His Marriage Workbook
If you are looking for a way to explore virtue with your spouse, and perhaps have that exploration result in a happier marriage, then My Hand in Yours, Our Hands in His is for you! If you would like to get your copy, click here.
If you would like to purchase an autographed copy of my book, Adventures of Faith, Hope and Charity: Finding Patience, then click here.