Choose joy! It is really not that difficult, because attitude is everything! If you are the type of person who counts your blessings, rather than focus on what’s wrong with life, then you are more inclined to experience Christ’s joy within you. This is the time of year when we usually take the time to reflect on the past twelve months and count our blessings. Let me share with you, the ones I find most important, that I think we can all be grateful for:
- You are wanted by God; loved unconditionally by Him. How awesome is that?
- You are blessed to have Jesus as your personal Savior and Redeemer, simply because He loves you. Aren’t we fortunate?
- You are blessed to have the Holy Spirit accompany you throughout the day; He will love you, protect you and guide you. That gives me a sense of safety and security – how about you?
- You are blessed by God with everything that you need to accomplish your purpose in His plan. Thinks of everything, doesn’t He?
- You woke up this morning and were blessed with another day of life, to make a difference in the lives of others as well as yourself. Now what shall you do with such a gift?
Count your blessings! I personally am thankful for all of the above. In addition, I am thankful for my faith in God, the hope for my resurrection at the Second Coming of Christ, the love of a good husband, family and friends; my education, a roof over my head, food on the table, clothes on my back, shoes on my feet, good health, etc. etc. etc.
Choose joy and appreciate what you have been blessed with and you will experience a deep sense of happiness, parallel to nothing else; a heart filled with contentment and satisfaction.
Our next reflection falls on Christmas Eve! Of course, I have a present for you! Please join me on Wednesday in welcoming Father Paul Buchanan, as my guest, as he blogs about “Receiving Christmas Joy!” Don’t miss it!
This post also appears on www.catholicbloggersnetwork.com.