An attitude of gratitude is in order as we approach Thanksgiving. We have come upon that time of year when we take stock of all that God has blessed us with and express our thanks. God’s Divine Providence is truly divine! He always meets our needs.
Whenever I have a bad, stressful day, I stop and take a few minutes to itemize the things for which I am grateful to God for providing for me. Somehow, rattling off this list always changes my mood. I begin to feel uplifted instantly. The chaos in my brain falls into order. The day’s stresses seem to dissipate. That’s because an attitude of gratitude puts things into proper perspective.
My Own Personal Attitude of Gratitude
As we use this time of year to express our thanks to God, here’s what I am thankful for:
- The breath of life graced to me by God
- My faith in God to provide for me
- My hope in my salvation through Jesus Christ
- The love of my husband of 37+ years
- Good health for both my husband and me
- A roof over my head
- Clothes on my back
- Shoes on my feet
- Transportation (two cars)
- The work that God gives me to do
- Extended family to love and who love me
- All of my friends
- Each and every one of you that choose to follow my work
Please take some time today to create your own list and develop an attitude of gratitude. Let me know if it lifts your spirits like it does for me. And if you are so inclined, share your list in the comments section. You see, what you are thankful for will most likely remind someone else to express thanks for the same thing. So, let’s add to the list already started! Here’s wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving, with my heart filled with gratitude!